COVID-19 Update: Budweiser will be extending the Contest entry deadline until June 30th, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM. See full rules for prizing and other terms and conditions.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and a resident of Canada to participate. During the contest period, consumers can look inside specially-marked cases of Budweiser for a Budweiser PIN code (the “PIN”). Specially-marked cases are available at participating stores across Canada, while supplies last. Contest starts on March 30, 2020, at 12:00:00 pm (noon) Eastern Daylight Time, and Contest closes June 30, 2020, at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to any legal resident of Canada who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older in his/her province of residence at the time of entry, who is not an employee, officer, director, contractor, agent or representative of Labatt Brewing Company Limited (the “Contest Sponsor”), the National Hockey League (“NHL”), its member clubs, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC (the foregoing NHL entities collectively, the “NHL Entities”) or their respective affiliates, agencies, distribution companies, and who is not an employee of the applicable provincial liquor agencies, license control/boards and their licensees, retailers, or distributors (the “Provincial Liquor Authorities”), prize suppliers, the Contest judge, or a member of the immediate family (parent, spouse, sibling, child) of, or domiciled with any of the foregoing persons. The Provincial Liquor Authorities and the NHL Entities are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter which relates to this Contest. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Provincial Liquor Authorities or the NHL Entities.
To be eligible, participants must have online access with a valid e-mail address as of the date of their entry. Each unique PIN can only be entered once. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address by an online service provider, Internet access provider or other organization responsible for assigning the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. An entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that she or he is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
If you participate via a mobile device, you may incur standard data charges from your wireless service provider. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such data charges. If you do not have internet access via a personal computer, your local library or Internet café may be able to provide access to the Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free e-mail accounts.
- HOW TO PLAY: During the Contest Period, find a PIN inside specially-marked packs of Budweiser or obtain one through no purchase necessary entry (see NO PURCHASE NECESSARY below for details). Go to https://www.budweiserhockey.ca and follow the instructions for your chance to win the prize (see PRIZE below for details). Once the PIN has been entered, you will be required to complete a Contest entry form in full. Once all fields have been completed, click submit and you will immediately see a message confirming that you have been entered into the Contest. If you are confirmed as a winner, you will be notified and directed to the steps in order for your prize to be awarded to you. Prize will be awarded only after the necessary steps are completed and confirmed (see HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE below for details). Entries must be received during the Contest Period. Entries received outside of the Contest Period are void.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: To receive a PIN without purchase while supplies last, please send a written request to Budweiser – Trip to the Stanley Cup® Final promotion, 180 Henri Dunant St, Moncton, NB, E1E 1E6. All requests must include a one hundred (100)-word original handwritten essay answering the question “Why is hockey important to you?” along with sender’s name, return mailing address, the statement “I am 21 years of age or older in my province of residence” and your signature. You must also enclose a self-addressed, stamped 11 x 15” envelope. Limit one (1) request per household. Requests must be received in time so that a PIN can be mailed to you in time to participate before the Contest Close Date. While Supplies Last.
- PRIZE: There is 1 (one) prize available to be won during the Contest Period consisting of a trip for two (2) people (winner and travel companion) to the 2020 or 2021 Stanley Cup® Final (as determined by Sponsor, in its discretion) including: (i) return economy airfare from an international airport closest to winner’s home to a city which is hosting the Stanley Cup® Final; (ii) two (2) nights standard accommodation (based on double occupancy at hotel selected by Contest Sponsor); and (iii) two (2) tickets to a Stanley Cup® Final hockey game. Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize having similar value to the Contest winner (specific travel dates / destination to be determined by Contest Sponsor). Alcohol is not included in the prize. Winner and guest must be able to enter the USA and travel on selected dates or prize will be forfeited. Winner and guest are responsible for all costs and expenses not listed above, including but not limited to travel documentation (valid passport), insurance, food and beverage, communications, transportation, hotel incidentals, transfers to/from residence and departure point, and all personal expenses. Winner’s guest must also be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Winner and winner’s guest must sign an official Declaration of Compliance and Release form which will be provided by the Contest Sponsor prior to receiving the prize. Approximate retail value is $10,000.
The number of prizes available to be won will diminish as they are claimed throughout the Contest Period. The number of prizes is limited to the maximum quantity available listed above. Once the maximum number of prizes have been awarded, no further prizes will be available. Prize must be accepted as awarded. Prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. No substitutions, except by the Contest Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. The confirmed winner will be contacted by an agent or representative of the Contest Sponsor to arrange awarding the prize after July 1st (the Contest draw date).
- DRAW: The prize draw will be conducted by the Contest Sponsor’s authorized representative, located at 5511 Steeles Ave W #200, Toronto, Ontario, on July 1st, 2020, at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the draw. Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion.
In the event there are no entries received for the prize draw during the Contest Period, that prize draw will not be conducted, and the prize will not be awarded. In the event that there are fewer eligible entries received for the prize draw during the Contest Period than the number of prizes to be awarded, the draw will be conducted only to the extent possible to select up to the maximum potential winners under these Rules. The draw will be conducted by the Contest Sponsor’s authorized representative. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter the draw for any reason or for prizes that remain unclaimed or unawarded. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete No Purchase Requests. Proof of transmission (e.g. screenshots) does not constitute proof of receipt.
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE:
IN ORDER TO CLAIM A PRIZE, WITHIN FIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS FROM THE DATE OF NOTIFICATION AT THE EMAIL PROVIDED, REGARDLESS OF WHEN IT IS RECEIVED:
- the potential winner must claim his/her prize as instructed in the notification;
- the potential winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise;
- the potential winner must accept the terms of a Declaration of Compliance and Release, which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Sponsor, and the NHL Entities from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this contest and the awarding, use and misuse of any prize; and
- the potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification that may include a driver’s license or other form of picture identification as part of the verification process.
Any prize must be accepted as awarded, cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion and for any reason, to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value, including a cash award. Awarding of a prize is subject to verification and compliance with the Rules. Entrants who have not complied with the Rules will be disqualified. The Contest Sponsor and the NHL Entities make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any prize once it has been shipped. Any unclaimed prize will not be awarded.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating in this contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Rules and all decisions of the contest judges (who may be employees, agents or independent contractors of the Contest Sponsor), which shall be final and legally binding on entrant in all matters relating to this contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned. In order to be confirmed a winner and receive any prize, the selected entrant will be required to sign and/or digitally accept the Contest Sponsor’s Declaration of Compliance and Release form which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Sponsor, and the NHL Entities from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this contest and the awarding, use/misuse of any prize. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, persona, and city/province of residence for publicity purposes, and grants to the Contest Sponsor any and all rights to said use without further notice or compensation. The Contest Sponsor and its respective affiliates are not responsible for printing, technical errors, distribution, or production errors.
Entrants and/or winner assume liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the contest, by the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury, or property damage. Moreover, as a condition of entering, entrants agree: (a) to release the Contest Sponsor, the NHL Entities, and each of their officers, directors, employees, contractors, representatives and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participating in the contest or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of the prize, (b) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim for all such damages; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding legal fees and court costs. This exclusion or limitation of liability will not apply to the extent that any applicable statute prohibits such exclusion or limitation of liability.
- RELEASE: By participating in this Contest, all participants declare that they have read, understood and complied with the Contest Rules, consent to the use of their name, biographical information and/or likeness for the purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation, agree to abide by all decisions by the Contest Sponsor (which are final), and agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, the NHL Entities, the Provincial Liquor Authorities, and each of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, professional advisors and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with participating in this Contest and/or any prize awarded. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions including lost, misappropriated or corrupted entries, virus, worm or Trojan Horse damage or any other damage which may limit a participant's ability to participate in the Contest. Before a prize is awarded, prize winner may be required to sign a standard declaration of compliance with the Rules and release form(s) in a form acceptable to the Provincial Liquor Authorities releasing the Released Parties from any and all liability arising out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the Contest, including, without limitation, liability arising from the acceptance of and usage of the prizes as awarded, the administration of the Contest and the selection of a potential winner.
- GENERAL: PINs obtained through unauthorized sources or which are not original or are illegible, altered, reproduced, stolen, forged, counterfeited, irregular, or that contain printing or other errors are void. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor shall be final. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the offer or administration of this contest, including but not limited to, errors in the advertising, the contest Rules, selection of the winner or the distribution of any prize. In the event that, due to an error, more than the advertised number of prizes are claimed, no more than the number of prizes specified in these Rules shall be awarded. As such, there will be a random draw conducted amongst all eligible prize claimants after the contest closing date to award the specified prizes. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Québec, to modify or terminate this contest at any time without notice to participants.
(a) RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
(b) RESIDENTS OF CANADA, EXCLUDING QUEBEC: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
- CONFLICTS/DISCREPANCIES: In the event of any discrepancies between the English language Rules and the non-English language Rules, the English Rules shall prevail. In the event of a conflict between any Contest details contained in these Rules and any Contest details contained in Contest advertising materials (including, but not limited to, online, point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Rules shall prevail.
- INVALIDITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. ®/MD Anheuser-Busch LLC.
NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup, the Stanley Cup Playoffs logo and the Stanley Cup Final logo are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2020. All Rights Reserved.